In Part 2 of this 3-part series, we’ll cover the actual upgrade process for your 4.5 VxRail cluster and how to monitor that upgrade so you don’t end up pulling your hair out.
Upgrading the VxRail Cluster
Local Upgrade Process
The local upgrade process is preferred, because it stages the upgrade to the VxRail Manager before proceeding with the upgrade.
- Log into the VxRail Manager.
- Navigate to the CONFIG page, and click on the System tab.
- Click the Local Upgrade button.
- In the Open File dialog, navigate to the VxRail Composite Bundle previously downloaded and saved locally, and then click Open to upload it to the VxRail Manager.
- Once the upgrade is staged to the VxRail Manager, click on the Continue button to begin the upgrade.
- When prompted, enter the required credentials for the vCenter Server local administrator account, the VxRail Manager root account, the vCenter Server root account, and the Platform Services Controller root account, and click the Submit button.