In Part 1 of this 3-part series, we’ll address what to do prior to kicking off an upgrade of your 4.5 VxRail cluster. There are a few “gotchas” I’ve run into in the past that I address here. Hopefully it’s helpful.
Generating the SolVe Upgrade Procedure
- Log into Dell EMC SolVe Online.
- Select All Products from the menu.
- Click the VxRail Appliance button.
- Click the Software Upgrade Procedures link.
- Select the model of the VxRail appliances being upgraded, and click the Next button.
- Select the VxRail software version currently installed on the VxRail appliances being upgraded, and scroll down.
- Select the VxRail software version targeted for installation on the VxRail appliances being upgraded, and click the Next button.
- Click the Generate button to generate an upgrade procedure.
- Save, open and read the procedure thoroughly once it has been generated.
- Download the VxRail Composite Bundle for the version of software targeted in the upgrade.
Before Upgrading the VxRail Cluster
- Log into the vCenter Server Appliance Management Interface using